Balsom Communications is a team of dedicated professionals, out-of-the-box thinkers, and storytellers. We blend technical expertise with a tireless passion to fulfill the needs of our clients.
We strive for excellence in everything we do, whether it’s event planning, strategic communications, graphic design, or one of our many signature projects. Always solutions-oriented, we work to produce intelligent designs, deliver engaging experiences and build meaningful connections.
We work with a diverse, and exceptional, group of clients to create thoughtful and purposeful products. Above all, we believe in quality design, attention-to-detail, interaction, experimentation, collaboration, exploration, and fun.
- Work directly with clients to create marketing and communications strategy plans for client and campaigns that include campaign objectives, timelines, and deliverables
- Create, develop and write content for campaigns, news releases, and other forms of public communications
- Work with clients to develop content briefs and create copy for the development of communication assets for promotion.
- Plan and manage client meetings, or events, etc. (virtual and in-person when it is safe and practical to do so) including using platforms such as Facebook Live, Streamyard, and other online streaming options.
- Support the maintenance and development of internal tools that maximize our efficiency as a team
- Work with clients and partners to coordinate campaigns or events and ensure deliverables are met on time
- Creating website content plans and performing general website maintenance including regular updates for multiple clients.
- Assist with development of content strategies including email, social media, graphics, photography, and media
- Prepare marketing activity reports and metrics for measuring campaign success
- Ensure all marketing efforts serve to achieve internal and client goals
- Identify, plan, and execute improvements for processes, content, and customer engagement tactics for internal and client projects
Skills and Qualifications
- Past work experience as a marketing and communications coordinator or similar role and/or education from an accredited communications or marketing program
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing
- Experience with research using data analytics software
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite and other cloud-based technology
- On-site special event experience would be considered an asset
- Graphic design, photography and/or videography experience would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of website content management systems (Squarespace, WordPress)
Work Structure and Salary
- Competitive with industry standards, commensurate with previous experience
- 35-40 hours per week to be discussed with supervisor (hours can be flexible for successful candidate)
- Includes 4% vacation pay, days-in-lieu structure and employer-paid health benefit package
- Flexible full-time, split between remote-home-office and on-site events. Personal transportation and valid driver’s license must be provided by the employee as well as computer, phone and home office space.
Please submit your resume and cover letter and samples of your portfolio if available to email@example.com. Position will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Only applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.